Template by:
Free Blog Templates

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Death Note

Yay, today is my first actual anime post. Well, seeing as it is probably one of my favorite animes I
have seen up to this point, I shall talk about Death Note.


Genre: Mystery, Psychological Thriller, Supernatural

Summary: Yagami Light is an ace student with great prospects, who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the "Death Note": a notebook from the realm of the Shinigami (Death Gods), with the power to kill people in any way he desires while only requiring a name and a face. With the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create his perfect world inwhich he is god, without crime or criminals. However, when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer, and a battle of wits, deception, and logic ensues...

The Good and The Bad: Death Note is a terrific anime with a plot that doesn't go for awhile before whithering and eventually going to whereever animes go to die. Not only is the plot great, but the characters are also amazing, both well drawn and having distinct personalities. The final good thing (without giving anything away) is that there are not any filler episodes. As far as I can tell, there are only two things that could potentially be considered bad things about Death Note and they directly relate to each other. They are the high level of darkness throughout the anime and manga as well as the lack of humor to provide some comic releif. I think that Death Note qualifies as one of the best animes of all time.

My Rating: 10/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

10/10? Sounds great, but I have something to correct. in the manga, at the end of some books, there is a little joke part. Like there was a Christmas special with Light asking his shinigami if he wanted any thing for Christmas... anyway, you're mostly right

catruler said...

gomennasai, i forgot about the Christmas joke in the manga (I think it was volume 2 or 3). Ryuk wanted a Gameboy XD. Thanks for reminding me=).

Denise said...

So about Deathnote, didn't I buy you one of the books? Or get it from the library? Because I feel like I have read one of these (I certainly have never watched...)